Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Still playing catch up



The Purple RR block for this month is Lindy's. She very thoughtfully included little goodie bags for those who worked on her block. There was a lovely piece of velvet in the baggie I chose, so I gave part of it back in the form of a butterfly. I made each wing section separately and backed them with cotton fabric. After embellishing with sequins and beads, I tacked the sections in place. For the body I rolled a triangular piece of cotton print around a small piece of batting and sectioned it by wrapping it with thread and trying off . A piece of craft wire bent into a v shape and curled on the ends was attached for the antennae. A blanket stitch trimmed with seed beads completes two sides of the block. Hope it's to your liking, Lindy.

No comments: