Monday, April 21, 2008





I decided to work on some small projects. I have made ATCs, so I decided I would do a plus size inches swap representing the 4 elements-fire, water, earth and air. Plus size inches are 1 1/2 inches in size. I had thought they might prove to be a bit difficult to do, but they were suprisingly easy to handle.


I had a red fabric which always appeared "hot" to me, so that became fire. I added a zig-zag stem stitch in yellow and a few orange and red beads.


A brown batik became earth with the addition of a stone donut bead and a couched wool yarn.


Water was easy, also. I had a blue and white fabric that looked "wet" so I embroidered a simple little fish of detached chain stitches and clear bead bubbles.


Wind gave me some problems, until I thought of a favorite childhood character, Winnie the Poo and his blustery day. After that it was easy. Now I think I am ready to attempt inchies.

1 comment:

morningDove said...

I don't know if i commented on these on FAT but I love them. Wind is so cute. Unfortunately for me I did not make the deadline.