Sunday, August 22, 2010

New RR blocks--YEAH!!!!!!


My dentist and I have to quit meeting like this. It's really getting into my pocket-trying to save my teeth! It also cuts into my stitching fun!
Here is Kathy's lovely Faces II block that I did. She designed her block as a framed siggie. A pleasent change from the usual crazy patched square. I gathered silk ribbon for the flowers on the frame and centered them with gold-toned embossed buttons. The buds are straight stitches. I needlefelted the hair. Her dress is made from a lace motif with a blue ribbon shoulder poof. Three strands of pearls and pearl earrings complete the look.
Hope you like my efforts, Kathy. Quilty hugs, Peg

1 comment:

Shawkl said...

I love it Peg! The hair really looks interesting...and she looks like me! Well, the me in my dreams anyway! LOL!