Sunday, May 4, 2008

A week of work



Have been doing my thing on Lindy's block in the VicCQ fall rr. I found some cute leaf buttons in fall colors at Joann Fabrics, so I chose a bronze colored block and used the buttons in the corners to surround a lace fan. I hand dyed the fan with soft greens, yellows and gold. The fan is accented with fargo roses and yellow and bronze colored seed beads. I used an olive green organza ribbon and pearls as a seam embellishment to the left.


This swap has been interesting in that I have worked with colors that I don't normally choose. I prefer the soft colors usually associated with spring. But working with the rich, deep colors of fall has been very satisfiying.

1 comment:

SH Sue said...

Peg - Your work is beautiful. The hand dye turned out perfect. I LOVE it - sue