Sunday, May 4, 2008

Aaaahhh, summertime!!!! Our season to season swap is summer-the time of fun in the sun and vacations. For the CQ4N swap I chose bright colors that I don't often use. Since the block will be mine when finished, I departed from the traditional handwork and used a cute machine embroidery design of that old summer standard--Sunglasses. The reflective lenses show palm trees, sailboats, fish, and seabirds. Summer just isn't summer without the appropriate footware-so a piece of timtex, a scrap of fabric, and some beads became a stylish pair of flipflops



For lounging on the beach I added a hand embroidered sling chair and a colorful beach ball created with crayons. A meandering vine with yellow flowers finishes off the seams. Now what can I do with the songbird????

2 comments:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Sweet summertime! Love the flip-flops and glasses!!

Gerry said...

This is a great block, Peggy. But I have to chuckle....this is for CQN. LOL.

But I did finish working your RR block for CQI!