Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Decisions, decisions



This was a difficult decision. I received 6 lovely blocks from Lauri in our CQI Under the Sea swap, and I had to choose just one to work on.

This one kept saying "mermaid, mermaid" AND it just happened to be in my favorite colors, so this is IT.
I looked through my stash and a piece of lace kept shouting "PICK ME! PICK ME!" What is a person to do? I added a variety of fibers, beads, and floss to the insistent lace and now I'm good to go on this project tomorrow. Now, how best to do a mermaid?????

I just finished my wall hanging for my Block Buddy group flower themed swap. I bought this fabic because I really like pansies. Then I wondered what I would do with it. No one else does this---RIGHT???
When I saw it and the nice spring green piece, I thought a bowl of these cute little monkey-faced flowers would be pretty. Yes, I think they are! (Even with all the fussy cutting!) I also got brave and decided to finally attempt to use the alphabets on my new machine to make the label. After a few false starts, I got it right. So it is ready to go on its travels. Another task marked finished. Catch you later, off to get stitching, Peg

No comments: